Created by Alice H. Yucht, this decision-making framework can be used for both personal and professional information processing needs. It focuses on four strategic markers. These include:
- Focus - guideposts for the quest I'm on (specifying)
- Links - connections to help me proceed (strategizing)
- Input - implementing the information I find (sorting, sifting, storing)
- Payoff - putting it all together for a profitable solution (solving, showing, sharing)
- IT! - Have I demonstrated Intelligent Thinking throughout the process?
Go to the FLIP IT! guide at Alice in InfoLand. Browse the resources on FLIP IT! It includes resources and teaching materials.
FLIP IT! An Information Skills Strategy for Student Researchers by Alice Yucht (1997). Worthington, OH: Linworth
McCarthy, C.A. (2003). FLIP IT! An information literacy framework that really works for all ages. School Library Media Activities Monthly, 19(7), 22-23, 30.